Marist College Ashgrove aims at building kind and confident men of tomorrow. Take the first step in your son’s future by following the enrolment process below.
Online Application Form – Part A (Expression of Interest)
The Online Application – Part A can be completed from birth or at any stage after that time, prior to the College’s closing date for that intake. This is an Expression of Interest that you wish your son to be educated at Marist College Ashgrove. An Administration Fee accompanies this application. The form is lodged online through the College’s website with the Administration Fee, and the student information is automatically lodged on the College’s database. It is a College requirement that your son’s birth certificate is included with this application.
Online Application Form – Part B
All those students who have completed Online Application – Part A will be contacted by the Enrolments Office closer to the time of entry. These timelines are as follows:
- For Year 5 entry, families will be contacted in May when their son is in Year 3.
- For Year 7 entry, families will be contacted in February when their son is in Year 4.
- For any other entry (or for boarding students), families will be contacted shortly after they lodge the Online Application – Part A.
Families are requested to elaborate on their reasons for wanting their son to attend Marist College Ashgrove. Families are also asked to supply further documentation and reports to assist with the enrolment selection process. The College requires full and frank disclosure when completing this application. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of enrolment.
Following a review of the documentation submitted with Online Application Form – Part B, the College may offer applicants an interview. The interview will be conducted by the Head of College or his delegate. It is the College’s decision as to whether an applicant will proceed to the interview stage. All applicants require an interview before an Offer of Enrolment is made.
Offer of Enrolment and Acceptance
The Enrolments Office informs the applicant and his family of an Offer of Enrolment in writing. Similarly, if no Offer of Enrolment is to be made, this notification will also be in writing from the Enrolments Office.
Parents/guardians must sign the Enrolment Agreement and pay the non-refundable Acceptance Fee by the due date stipulated in the Offer of Enrolment. Failure to do so by the due date will result in the place being offered to another student. The form is lodged online through the College’s portal with the Acceptance Fee.
All offers of enrolment are at the discretion of the Head of College.
Marist College Ashgrove welcomes applications for prospective students whose families are supportive of the objectives and methods of the College, and whose spiritual and educational aspirations are able to be reasonably met.
- Consideration is primarily given to baptised Catholic students attending Catholic schools, and to baptised Catholic students attending non-Catholic schools. Active participation in the life of the Catholic Church will be given favourable consideration.
- The College will also give consideration to students from other faith traditions who, with their families, support Catholic education and the Marist ethos.
- Special consideration is given to those students who wish to board at the College, in particular those from rural or remote areas.
- Applicants who have members of their immediate families as present or past students of the College, or are in active affiliation with the Marist Brothers will be favourably considered.
- The College seeks to reflect diversity in the composition of the student population.
- All offers are made at the discretion of the Head of College. The Head of College will need to be satisfied, on the basis of advice, collected information and the Head of College’s own judgement, that there is a reasonable expectation that an applicant is emotionally, psychologically, socially and academically ready to benefit from the educational programs and structures of the College.
- Enrolment is always dependent upon places being available.
- Students are normally only accepted as day students if they reside with and are in the direct care of a parent/guardian.
- International students (those who are not Australian citizens or permanent residents) will only be accepted once all Australian government requirements have been satisfied.
International students are to contact the Enrolments Office to obtain an application package.
For all Enrolment Enquiries contact
Enrolments Department- Marist College Ashgrove
PO Box 82
Ashgrove West QLD 4060 AUSTRALIA