Bursaries & Scholarships

Bursaries & Scholarships2024-03-12T16:03:15+10:00


Thanks to generations of benefactors and supporters we are fortunate to have a well-established endowment, which allows us to budget for bursaries.

Bursaries are given to help support families who wouldn’t otherwise be able to afford some or all of the school fees.

Champagnat Trust

The Champagnat Trust has been established to provide assistance to students in necessitous circumstances selected on the basis of financial need. The Trust takes its name from the founder of the Marist Brothers, St. Marcellin Champagnat. These bursaries offer full, half or part thereof of tuition, boarding (where applicable) and compulsory fees for students entering Years 7 to 12. Families applying for fee relief in the form of a bursary are asked to complete a confidential Champagnat Trust Application Form and provide supporting documentation. Applications for the Champagnat Trust Bursary close each year on 30 June.

For further information about the bursary please contact

Enrolments Department – Marist College Ashgrove
PO Box 82
Ashgrove West QLD 4060 AUSTRALIA

E – enrol@marash.qld.edu.au
T – +61 7 3858 4555

Old Boys’ Bursaries

At the discretion of the Headmaster, students who are sons of Old Boys may receive assistance after due consideration of a family’s financial situation.

For further information about the bursary please contact

Enrolments Department – Marist College Ashgrove
PO Box 82
Ashgrove West QLD 4060 AUSTRALIA

E – enrol@marash.qld.edu.au
T – +61 7 3858 4555


Partial Academic Boarding Scholarships (ACER)

Registration for the 2025 Boarding Scholarships now closed

Four Boarding Scholarships are offered to Australian students entering Year 7, 8, 9 or 10 in 2025. These scholarships are generally intended for boarding students living in rural, regional or remote communities who would otherwise not have the opportunity to access a Marist education.

The Boarding Scholarship is awarded based on the applicant’s Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) examination results, previous school reports, other relevant information and an interview with the Head of College. The scholarship covers 25% tuition and 25% boarding fees tenable for four (4) years from Year 7, three (3) years from Year 8, two (2) years from Year 9 and two (2) years from Year 10. The remaining 75% boarding and tuition, compulsory and miscellaneous fees are the responsibility of the Parent(s) or legal guardian(s).

This Scholarship is NOT in addition to the substantial sibling discounts already offered. The Scholarships on offer will be conditional upon regular review of a recipient’s performance and behaviour.

Applications for 2025 Scholarships are now closed.

All students must also have completed the Marist College Ashgrove enrolment process.

The Scholarship Application Fee is $100.00.

Boarding Scholarship Online Application

Indigenous Scholarships

Marist College Ashgrove has entered into two (2) arrangements to provide Indigenous Students with the opportunity of attending the College as Boarders. These scholarships are funded by one of the following programs:

  1. Australian Indigenous Education Fund (AIEF)
    a. Please click here for more information regarding AIEF scholarships.
    b. Application for an AIEF scholarship is made direct to College. Please contact enrol@marash.qld.edu.au for further information
  2. Cape York Leaders Program (CYLP)
    a. Please click here for further information regarding Cape York Leaders Programs.
    b. Application is made direct to Cape York. Please refer to website for further information.

Please note that an application for ABSTUDY will also form part of the scholarship application process.

For further information about the Indigenous contact the Enrolments Department by email enrol@marash.qld.edu.au or phone +61 7 3858 4555.

Go to Top