Marist College Ashgrove began in 1940 with 70 students and Brother Ignatius O’Connor as its first headmaster.
The College is built on the site formerly used by Father Walter Cain and his proposed missionary order. The only permanent building was the Tower Block – its graceful architecture has made it the icon of the entire College. Despite temporary evacuation and re-location during World War II, the College flourished and developed. With continuous development of the College since 1940, we have grown to over 1600 students.
The reputation of the College has also steadily grown and has been extended by its loyal supporters and Old Boys. It is respected throughout Australia, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, the wider Pacific and Asia region as a significant institution which embodies the very best in Marist educational values and teaching.