The Champagnat Trust was established in 2005 by the College Foundation with Old Boys’ John Eales as Patron and later Matthew Hayden as co-patron. Named in honour of the Founder of the Marist Brothers, the Champagnat Trust, emphasises and expresses those Marist traditions we hold dear. The Trust each year, provides bursaries for boys from families that are financially disadvantaged and might never have the opportunity to experience a Marist education.
Continuing Marist’s proud tradition of not providing scholarships for sport or academic merit, the Champagnat Trust bursaries enhance and celebrate the diversity of the College community and generates opportunities for students to make friendships with boys from all walks of life.
The Champagnat Trust Bursary is for tuition, boarding and compulsory fees for day boys and boarders.
Champagnat Trust Sports Lunch
In 2022, the Champagnat Trust “Sports Lunch” celebrates its 18th year. Held annually at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, the Sports Lunch welcomes over 1,000 guests to an afternoon of excitement, generosity and community spirit with the aim of raising funds for the Champagnat Trust Bursaries.
To date the Sports Lunch has raised over $2.5 million and assisted 100 boys’ in achieving a Marist education.
As one of the College’s flagship events, guests enjoy interviews from special guests leading the way in their various fields as well as hearing from inspiring past bursary recipients. The highlight of the afternoon is the interview of the legendary sports panel, hosted by John Eales.
Guests are welcomed and encouraged to support the Champagnat Trust through bidding in the live auction with spectacular and unique items up for grabs, as well as purchase tickets in the raffle with prizes totalling over $20,000.00
Marist College Ashgrove, the Marist College Ashgrove Foundation and Patrons and Old Boys’ John Eales and Matthew Hayden welcome all, including parents, Old Boys and friends to this annual event.
A Look Back at Our 2022 Event
The Champagnat Trust Sports lunch for 2022 was the largest lunch the event has seen in its history, with 1100 guests in attendance.
This Year’s Auction Prizes
- 2021 Wallabies Jersey – donated by Jamie Cook
- Luxurious Staycation – donated by Haldon Philip (W Hotel) & Andrew Baturo (Walter’s Steakhouse)
- Marist Bee Suit – donated by Mark Ferguson (Wil Valor)
- Ultimate Brewery Day Trip – donated by Grant & Ashlee Morgan (The Boundary)
- Hamilton Island Getaway – donated by Kath Brassington (Oatley Wines) & Ordanga Construction Services
- GPS Rugby Marquee – donated by Anthony Herbert (GPS Rugby Club)
- Shane Warne Memorabilia – donated by Ray Mason (Event Memorabilia)
- Deep Sea Fishing Experience
- A Day on Sydney Harbour
- Singapore 2022 Formula 1 Expereince
- McKims Ring