Please join with me in welcoming new staff:
- Roxanne Rosenberg - Head of Data and Pedagogical Practices
- Ty and Sally Casey – La Valla Houseparents
- Sandra Cartwright –Contract
- Eimear Naughton – Contract
- Andrew King – Contract part-time
- James Furminger – Primary
- Jeremy Fischer –Contract Primary
- Lauren Beech – Contract Japanese
- Pascal Champaux – Head Chef
- Ellen Kassulke – Events Coordinator
- Lisa Gleeson – Timetabling Administration School Officer
- Tyrell Blackman – Indigenous Support Officer
- Corey Lucas – Contract School Officer
- Noam Lev Tov – Contract Library School Officer
And returning staff:
- Elizabeth Walsh
- Shayne Moniz
- Andrew Elphinstone
- Jenny Clark
- Catherine Wasserman
- Paula McLoughlin
- Graham Lawson
And recent staff resignations:
- Kevin Rochester
- Christine Stone
- Keiko Griffiths
Year 12 2018
Congratulations to our seniors of 2018 on their excellent academic results:
- OP 1 – 5 33.5% of OP-eligible boys
- OP 1 – 7 49.8% of OP-eligible boys
- OP 1 – 10 73.3% of OP-eligible boys
- OP 1 – 15 90.6% of OP-eligible boys
Congratulations also to the many boys who have already commenced apprenticeships, traineeship and work.
Once students have made a commitment to a team, musical group or other co-curricular activity, they are expected to honour these commitments. In addition, during the course of the year there will be many occasions when students will be asked to take part in co-curricular activities, concerts or sporting fixtures. The College understands that there may be clashes with other important family commitments, however, dates for all major College functions are published in the College Calendar early in the New Year and parents are asked to support the College by assisting their son/s to meet the commitments they have made.
My sincere thanks to the following staff who were involved in immersions and sporting events during the summer vacation:
Cambodia Immersions: Mr Daniel Bull, Mr Adam Knight, Mr Paul Mitchell and Mrs Julie Ward.
Marist Cricket Carnival held in Sale: Victoria: Mr Harry Collyer, Mr Ben Maddox and Mr James Metzeling. Congratulations to Jack O’Neill, selected as Captain of the Marist XI, and to Nathan Harding selected as wicketkeeper, and Sam Waite who received the Champagnat Award.
National Schools Volleyball: Mr Adam Knight, Mr David Miles, Mr Scott Minogue, Mr Ned Petrie.
Primary Swim Camp: Mr James Boyce, Mr Damian Bromley, Mr Luke Caplick, Ms Peta Earley, Mrs Cath Geraghty, Mr John Lambourne, Mrs Anntoinette Restell.
Secondary Swim Camp: Ms Maddison Bartle, Mr James Boyce, Mr Damian Bromley, Mrs Cath Geraghty, Mr Matt McCahon, Mr Andrew Ward (Bus driver), Ms Julia Wilken.
Sri Lankan Cricket Tour: Mr Harry Collyer, Mr Tom Gibson, Mr Ben Maddox, Mr James Metzeling, Mr Phil Tonkin.
Many thanks to all involved in the services, grounds and gardens staff who completed the following work during the summer vacation
Major project over the break:
- Flats Phase 2
- Classrooms in Carrick wing
- Painting and upgrade of common rooms in Br Terence House
- Concrete pathway outside Main Administration;
- Clean up of storage areas including shed at Moola Rd house, under Science, workshops/sheds, under Brothers’ villa.
- Moola Road house repairs to 2 x properties
- Pest control as required (including termite treatments to Art Block and Moola Rd property)
- Gym floor resurface
- Pool shade, tennis court, eaves cleaning
- Fire compliance testing
- Fume cupboard testing
- Science bench repairs
- Locksmith, glass, plumbing and electrical general repairs
- Kitchen cleaning
- Brothers’ area repairs including plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, furniture repairs
- Test and tag to higher risk areas including facilities areas, grounds shed, laundry, kitchen, pool, tech training workshops
- Bus repairs, vehicle servicing and inspections
- Tree lopping
- Installation of new garden beds
We have commenced the process of developing the next Strategic Plan (2019-2021). The facilitator of the process is Mr Christopher Barrett. Parents of boys will be invited to contribute in the next phase.
- Please pray with joy at the birth of Dhara Salitoray’s baby boy born at 9:35pm on 11 December. Both Dhara and her little boy are well.
- Bianca McDowell’s baby girl born 30 January