Friday 20 November 2020
9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Marist College Ashgrove, McMahon Oval
Due to current Queensland COVID-19 restrictions on events, changes have been made to the regular format of the Graduation Day. We understand this is not ideal however the College has been fortunate to make arrangements to include families as much as possible. Please see below:
- To maintain numbers, only two adult guests will be permitted to attend per Year 12 family.
- A designated marquee will be set up for registered guests on McMahon Oval to view the Graduation Mass and Guard of Honour via livestream.
- No mingling of students and adults outside of family groups can occur on the day.
- Students: To wear their full winter uniform and blazer. As it is usually very warm, blazers need only be worn during processions and other formal moments.
- Guests: To wear comfortable smart casual attire. It is also advisable to bring a hat or umbrella for the times they may be in the sun.
Light refreshments including cold water will be provided for guests.
Parking and Transport
Onsite parking will not be available and street parking is limited, please consider alternate travel arrangements. Please also note that O’Connell Place (adjacent to Frasers Road entrance to the College) is private Army property and fines may be issued for parking illegally.
Guests with disabilities or mobility issues, may contact Kim Horwood on 07 3858 4537 for alternate parking arrangements.
For those unable to attend Graduation Day, you will be able to view the celebrations via livestream here from 10:00 am on the day. This link will be active to view at your leisure any time after this.
All guests attending the Graduation Day event must register through Trybooking by Friday 6 November 2020. This event is free to attend. Bookings open 12 October 2020. attire.
Graduation Day Program
Year 12 students will arrive and move to the yard outside of the Champagnat Centre. Year 12 family guests will arrive and will be directed to take a seat under a designated marquee on McMahon Oval.
Graduation Mass commences in the Champagnat Centre for students in Years 5 to 12.
Guard of Honour commences for Year 12 students.
Marist College Ashgrove siblings only, are invited to walk with their graduating brother through the Guard of Honour from the Champagnat Centre to McMahon Oval.
The presentation on the oval will take place following the conclusion of the Guard of Honour, with all Year 12s seated on McMahon Oval in a marquee opposite families. Please note: Year 12 family guests must remain seated under the marquee for this presentation. Marist College Ashgrove siblings will sit in the Grandstand with their Pastoral Group.
Farewell concludes and all Year 12 students and families will leave the College to prepare for the dinner in the evening. Students in Years 5 to 11 will return to class.