BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL TUTORING
View / Download – BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL TUTORING SCHEDULE 2016
MCA PARENT HELP
- Learning Support
- English as an Additional Language or Dialect (EAL/D).
- Gifted and Talented (G &T) program
English as an Additional Language or Dialect
Marist College Ashgrove has an English as an Additional Language or Dialect (EAL/D) teacher who offers support to students from non-English speaking backgrounds. This specialist assistance enables EAL/D. students to meet the language requirements of the curriculum so they can feel part of the Marist family community.
Although lessons focus mainly on English, Grammar, Vocabulary and Expression, the program aims to improve the students’ language abilities in all subject areas across the curriculum. Priority is given to recent arrivals and those with greater English language needs.
- Modified Classes for English, Maths, Humanties, Science
- In-Class Support
- Before and After School Tutoring – general Maths and English services (as per attachment above)
- Support with Assignment and Class Work
- Term Planning Sessions Fridays
- Computer File Management / Assignment Task Organiser Sessions
- Special Provisions for Exams in the case of diagnosed disability or condition
- Learning Assistance Programs involving volunteer Tutors
- Individualised Education Programs
Gifted and Talented (G & T)
The Gifted and Talented Program is designed to challenge all students to realise their potential.
Opportunities for Gifted and Talented students include:
- Extension Program for Years 5 – 6
- The Brain Bee Challenge
- Tournament of the Minds
- Clubs – Mathematics, Computer, Science, Writing
- Model UN Activities
- Exposure to Science Programs
- Programs for individual students
- Chess, Strategic Games, Lateral Thinking Programs
- Days of Excellence Programs
- Participation in Competitions