A very strong emphasis is placed on establishing and maintaining study habits necessary for academic success.
Boarders Benefit From:
1. Boarding residence support
- The boarding school employs experienced tutors to work in every residence each school evening (Monday to Thursday). Tutors work with the boys one-on-one and in groups to accommodate student needs.
- Academic tracking is carried out throughout the year, allowing support to be altered to best suit the needs of the student. This reporting is then available to update parents and guardians of their son’s progress.
2. Head of House and teachers
- Day school teachers and Head of House are readily available to support our boarding students where ever possible.
- Heads of House will work closely with the boys to monitor subject choice and academic performance, as well as be available as a sounding board for your boy and families for very important, ongoing pastoral care across their schooling years.
- Teachers at Marist College Ashgrove understand the challenges faced by boarding families and therefore make themselves available to discuss your sons needs at a time and mode convenient to you.
3. Library and study support staff from the Centre for Learning Enrichment (CLE)
- Our library staff offer a comprehensive academic study skills program, which all boarders participate in as part of their nightly study routine. The program is designed around the current curriculum and assessments that are in place, ensuring this support is very relevant and able to be tailored to their needs.
- The Centre for Learning Enrichment (CLE) is open in the day school every morning before school to assist boys generally or with specific study needs.