Employment Opportunities at Marist College Ashgrove
Marist College Ashgrove is a unique mix of day and boarding students from Years 5 to 12 who receive a catholic education in the Marist Tradition. The College proudly stands as a Marist school living in the footsteps of Saint Marcellin Champagnat.
Marist College Ashgrove is a dynamic, vibrant workplace where Staff are highly valued and respected for the gifts and talents, they bring to the College community. Staff are offered many opportunities for professional learning and career development and are well supported when undertaking new learning experiences and acquiring new skills.
Our current Staff consists of over 350 people, encompassing various roles, including academic teaching, corporate Staff and support Staff (administration and services). We welcome applications from forward-thinking, dedicated individuals who have a passion for learning and teaching.
We are as committed to our values as we are to innovation. With a rigorous curriculum and high standards, employees must uphold the values of the College in every life context and be exemplary team players.
Working at Marist College Ashgrove
It is expected that applicants will have a genuine commitment to our College ethos and to ongoing professional development. All Staff have the opportunity to participate in the co-curricular life of the College. Professional corporate dress is expected.
All our Staff come under the Catholic Employing Authorities Single Enterprise Collective Agreement – Religious Institute Schools of Queensland 2019-2023.
We hold the safety and wellbeing of our Students and Staff as our number one priority. All Staff are required to complete the mandatory Child Protection online training before commencing in a role at the College.
All Staff are required to comply with the Statement of Principles for Employment in Catholic Schools (QCEC).
Staff are also required to comply with the Marist College Ashgrove’s Code of Professional Conduct, the College’s Child Protection Policy and Processes, and other policies that relate to your employment.
Positions vacant are published on this website and on Seek. Should you wish to apply for a position or express an interest in a role at our College, please click on “Current Vacancies” to find out more about the available positions. All positions applied for must be accompanied by an Application form available here.
The normal hours of operation at the College is 7.45 am to 4.00 pm, Monday to Friday.
All enquiries regarding employment at Marist College Ashgrove can be addressed to email@example.com or by calling 07 3858 3011 or 07 3858 4534.
Employee Facilities and Benefits
- 7km from the CBD
- A short walking distance to buses
- Salary package options
- Corporate Health Fund Benefits
- A laptop/computer
- 10 percent Superannuation
- On-site car parking
- Mentoring Program for Early Years teachers
- Access to internal and external professional development
- Further learning opportunities throughout your career
- Middle Leader professional development
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that provides a range of personal and family benefits
- 14 weeks paid maternity leave
- 10 days paid paternity leave
- Staff Social Club
- Travel opportunities through our Student Tours and Immersions
- Access to the College facilities
- Access to the College Tuckshop
- Free access to College gym/weights room with instruction from Strength & Conditioning coaches
- IT support provided by ICT Learning and Teaching Facilitators
- Access to onsite influenza vaccinations administered by College nursing staff
- Certificates of recognition for Staff who have served the Marist community for significant periods of time
- Opportunity for involvement in co-curricular activities
- Ability to cash out partial long service leave pro-rata (per the EB)
- Financial incentive for relevant Religious Ed/Theology Studies
- Access to the latest technology
- CPR training offered annually
- Regular staff morning teas and social opportunities such as our weekly Coffee Tuesday.
- Faith Formation