Primary Learning Leader
Marist College Ashgrove is a Catholic day and boarding school for boys in Years 5-12, situated in Brisbane's inner Northern suburbs. Inspired by the work of St Marcellin Champagnat, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent academic and career pathway results for our inclusive community of students.
The College strives to work with parents and the community to build confident and capable young men strong of character with gentle hearts and a willingness to make a positive contribution in our church and our world.
The Primary Learning Leader (PLL) is a new role to the College designed to support the Primary teachers within the curriculum and pedagogy context. The College is a Year 5 – 12 campus with Curriculum Leaders having a strategic focus on the curriculum from Years 5 to 12.
The College invites applications from suitably qualified and enthusiastic teachers for the position of Primary Learning Leader, commencing 20 January 2020. The successful candidate will be an experienced, energetic and dedicated teacher with the desire to teach in an environment where both Christian values and academic excellence are emphasised.
This position in the Primary School will suit a teacher with strong literacy and numeracy teaching skills and the ability to differentiate curriculum for students with additional needs. Experience in teaching middle primary students would be highly valued.
The successful candidate will be a team player who enjoys working with primary students.
This position reports to the Head of Learning and Teaching and the Head of Data and Pedagogical Practices and is a Middle Leader position remunerated at a Tier 4. The PLL leads a professional learning team across years 5 & 6 within the College. An experienced teacher, preferably with leadership experience, is desired. Time release and monetary allowances apply.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Applicants must be registered to teach in Queensland;
- A demonstrated commitment to the evangelisation of young people in the context of a Catholic school;
- Primary Degree qualifications and studies relevant to this position (it is highly advantageous for the applicant to hold further studies to support this position)
- Graduate Certificate in Religious Education;
- Experience and demonstrated capability in leading learning within a Catholic school;
- A successful record of collaboration and team leadership;
- A recognised ability to establish positive and productive relationships with staff, students and parents;
- Demonstrated excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
Applicants should address the criteria above in their application.
The College reserves the right to interview and employ a successful candidate before the closing date.
How to Apply
Your application needs to include the following:
- Cover letter outlining why you are applying for the position;
- Resume including three referees, one of which should include your current principal or headmaster;
- A succinct overview of how you meet each of the essential selection criteria;
- A completed application form which is available from the College website;
- Qualifications including your academic transcripts
Note: To be considered for this role you must clearly address each of the essential criteria outlining how you meet the expectations.
The Recruitment Process
If your application is accepted for the next stage, you will be invited to attend an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the College reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found. The advertisement will be removed once an appointment has been made.
All candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
All applicants will receive an email confirmation of the receipt of their application.
Marist College Ashgrove is a non-smoking workplace.
Applications close Friday 25 October at 3 pm.
Applications should be emailed and addressed to:
Head of Staff Services
Marist College Ashgrove
Ph 3858 4643 or 3011 1308
Please visit the College website for the position description and application form.
Shortlisted candidates MUST be able to attend an interview, in person, at the School on Tuesday 5 November.