IT and Design Teacher – Continuing Position
Marist College Ashgrove is a Catholic day and boarding school for boys in Years 5-12, situated in Brisbane's inner Northern suburbs. Inspired by the work of St Marcellin Champagnat, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent academic and career pathway results for our inclusive community of students.
The College is seeking a committed and creative IT and Design Teacher who has a passion for teaching and to work as part of an energetic team committed to excellence in the classroom. This is a full-time ,continuing role from Term 4 2019.
The applicant will have:
- Registration to teach in Queensland;
- Qualifications supporting, and experience in, teaching Information Technology and Design subjects at both Junior and Senior levels;
- The ability to teach one other subject;
- Demonstrated capacity to integrate ICTs into teaching and learning;
- Willingness to contribute to the College's extensive co-curricular program; and
- Commitment to the Catholic and Marist ethos of the College.
Applicants should address the criteria above in their application.
How to Apply
Your application needs to include the following:
- Cover letter outlining why you are applying for the position;
- Resume including three referees (one of which should be your current principal);
- A succinct overview of how you meet each of the essential selection criteria
- A completed application form which is available from the College website
Note: To be considered for this role you must clearly address each of the essential criteria outlining how you meet the expectations.
The Recruitment Process
If your application is accepted for the next stage, you will be invited to attend an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the College reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found. The advertisement will be removed once an appointment has been made.
All candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
All applicants will receive an email confirmation of the receipt of their application.
Marist College Ashgrove is a non-smoking workplace.
Applications close 3pm Friday 12 July 2019.
Applications should be made through the College website and addressed to:
Head of Staff Services
Marist College Ashgrove
Ph 3858 4643 or 3011 1308
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.