Marist College Ashgrove is a Catholic day and boarding school for boys in Years 5-12, situated in Brisbane's inner Northern suburbs. Inspired by the work of St Marcellin Champagnat, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent academic and career pathway results for our inclusive community of students.
The College has a vacancy for a Boarding Supervisor.
In return for accommodation and meals, Boarding Supervisors are responsible for 13 hours of duty in the residences during College terms. (Supervisors are not normally remunerated beyond accommodation and meals.)
The 13 hours of duty may include duties such as morning wake-up and early morning supervision in the Residence before and after breakfast and afternoon supervision between the hours of 3.10pm and dinner, and evening shifts.
In addition, all Boarding Supervisors are expected to:
• be on the premises during their time of rostered duty;
• abide by the rules and regulations of the Residence;
• contact the Boarding Coordinator if special permissions for any boarding student are required;
• be the first point of contact for a boarding student during times of rostered duty;
• contact the Boarding Coordinator if required;
• attend full boarding school meetings at the beginning of each term;
• attend year level group meetings (for staff and students) when required;
• make out of school hours phone calls to parents when required;
• help with the regular prayer program for the boys in their Residence.
Applicants must be eligible to apply for a Blue Card issued by the Public Safety Agency and undergo a Police Check. The College is a non-smoking workplace.
Applications close Friday 21st June 2019.