Marist College Ashgrove is a Catholic day and boarding school for boys in Years 5-12, situated in Brisbane's inner Northern suburbs. Inspired by the work of St Marcellin Champagnat, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent academic and career pathway results for our inclusive community of students.
The College has a vacancy for a 12 month permanent part time (term time) Graphic Designer, for commencement 23 April 2019. The position is classified at Level 5 on the School Officer classification scale and is paid at the rate of $31.9184 p/h.
The position requires a creative mindset and broad graphic design capability. This position is responsible for graphic design of all of the major events and functions of the College as well as marketing and promotional material. The position involves being a member of a technical production department responsible for the operation of a range of College events. Some work will takes place of an evening. In addition, the position assists in overseeing the running of the Draney Theatre.
Essential Selection Criteria:
Applicants must hold a Current Blue Card (Working with Children) or be eligible to apply for a Blue Card
Demonstrated Technical Skills in the areas below:
- Graphic Design
- Graphic / Video editing and content creation
An understanding of the following Software:
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, Premiere Pro & After-effects or equivalent
- Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- 3D Drafting software: Inventor, Vectorworks, AutoCAD or equivalent
A minimum of 3 years’ experience within the film industry with;
- At least a Diploma in Graphic Design or equivalent;
- The ability to prioritise tasks and follow direction;
- Demonstrated personal and time flexibility;
- Excellent attention to detail; and
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Applicants are also encouraged to submit a link to a digital portfolio.
How to Apply
Your application needs to include the following:
- Cover letter outlining why you are applying for the position;
- Resume including two referees;
- A succinct overview of how you meet each of the essential selection criteria
- A completed application form which is available from the College website
Note: To be considered for this role clearly address how you meet the criteria of Technical Skills, Software and Experience in your application.
The Recruitment Process
If your application is accepted for the next stage, you will be invited to attend an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the College reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found. The advertisement will be removed once an appointment has been made.
All candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
All applicants will receive an email confirmation of the receipt of their application.
Marist College Ashgrove is a non-smoking workplace.
Applications close Friday 29 March at 12:00 noon.
Applications should be made through the College website and addressed to:
Head of Staff Services
Marist College Ashgrove
Ph 3858 4643 or 3011 1308