Marist College Ashgrove is a Catholic day and boarding school for boys in Years 5-12, situated in Brisbane’s inner Northern suburbs. Inspired by the work of St Marcellin Champagnat, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent academic and career pathway results for our inclusive community of students.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and friendly team member who is passionate and highly motivated. The successful candidate will work under the Head Chef to deliver the highest quality of food available for our students in a timely manner. This is a term-time, continuing position remunerated according to the Services Level 3 which is $29.0526 per hour. The successful candidate will be required to work 38 hours – Monday to Friday.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Strong communication and leadership skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure in a high-volume environment;
- The ability to work quickly, whilst remaining calm and courteous under pressure;
- Highly developed planning skills, including the ability to multi-task, prioritise and meet deadlines;
- A collaborative, team-oriented and flexible approach to work;
Essential Selection Criteria
- A valid Queensland working with Children Check is mandatory;
- Food Safety Certificate (minimum);
- Food Handling Certificate is advantageous;
- Experience in commercial kitchen operations is advantageous;
- Barista experience is advantageous;
- Drivers Licence.
How to Apply
Your application needs to include the following:
- Cover letter outlining why you are applying for the position;
- Resume including two referees;
- A succinct overview of how you meet each of the essential selection criteria
- A completed application form which is available from the College website
Note: To be considered for this role you must clearly address each of the essential criteria outlining how you meet the expectations.
The Recruitment Process
If your application is accepted for the next stage, you will be invited to attend an interview.
Applicants are encouraged to commence and submit their application as early as possible as the College reserves the right to reduce the application period and/or remove the job advertisement early should a suitable applicant be found. The advertisement will be removed once an appointment has been made.
All candidates will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
All applicants will receive an email confirmation of the receipt of their application.
Marist College Ashgrove is a non-smoking workplace.
Applications close 8 July 2020 at 12 noon
Applications should be sent via email and addressed to:
Head of Staff Services
Marist College Ashgrove
Ph 3858 4643 or 3011 1308
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
Please note applicants will only be considered for an interview if ALL the below documents are submitted.
- To apply for advertised roles at the college please send an email (no larger than 2mb in size) to email@example.com.
- If you do not receive an email confirming receipt of your application, please contact the Head of Staff Services on 07 3858 4643 or 07 3858 4555.
- Please check your junk/spam/clutter folders before contacting.
Please include the following information and attachments:
- A completed MCA Employment Application Form – ensuring the position of interest is on the first page
- A cover letter
- Your CV/Resume including 3 referees – one of which must be your current supervisor or most recent employer
- Statement addressing the selection criteria
- Qualifications relevant to the position – eg B.Ed.
Employment Collection Notice
Please download a copy of the Employment Collection Notice here. (To be included in all hard copy applications for employment). If you
choose to send an unsolicited curriculum vitae to the College, an Employment Collection Notice must accompany it or evidence that you agree to the Employment Collection Notice – if this is not received your application will not be considered.